Email Retention Policy
The following rules apply to the retention of Email in your Verizon Online Email account ([your user name]@verizon.net).
- All Email will be retained indefinitely as long as your Email account remains active and you do not exceed the maximum storage quota for your mailbox. You can determine the available storage space for your mailbox via the Email Storage window in the left column of your mailbox.
- All Email in the trash folder will be deleted after 2 days.
- All Email in the Spam detector folder will be deleted after 4 days.
Email Inactivity Policy
Email accounts without activity for 180 days will be considered inactive, and all Email and personal Email folders will be deleted automatically, without notice. As long as you remain a Verizon Online subscriber, you may re-activate your Email account simply by logging into Verizon Webmail at webmail.verizon.com or through your POP Email client (such as Outlook Express). If you re-activate your Email account, you will immediately begin receiving Email. However, you will NOT be able to recover deleted Emails or personal Email folders.
IMPORTANT: WHEN AN EMAIL ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE, NO NEW EMAIL WILL BE RECEIVED AND ALL EXISTING EMAIL, WHETHER IN YOUR IN-BOX OR IN A PERSONAL EMAIL FOLDER, WILL BE PERMANENTLY DELETED.
For the purposes of this policy, a mailbox will be considered "active" if you do any of the following at least once every 180 days:
- Log into Verizon Webmail at http://webmail.verizon.com
- Log into your POP Email client (such as Outlook Express)
- Log into MyVerizon and (i) open or send at least one Email message or (ii) set up automatic forwarding of your Email.
Limitations on Sending Email
The following limits apply with respect to sending Email from your verizon.net Email account. These rules are in place in order to help fight spam (i.e., unsolicited Email). For more information on Verizon Online's efforts to fight spam, please see the Verizon Online Anti-Spam Policy at www2.verizon.net/policies.
- You may not include more than 100 recipients in a single Email. Messages will not be sent to any recipients in excess of 100.
- You may not exceed 500 recipients in 1 hour. Exceeding 500 recipients in 1 hour will result in the suspension of your ability to send Email for 24 hours. This does not affect your ability to receive Email.
In addition to a primary Email address, Verizon Online customers may establish up to 8 additional Email addresses, commonly referred to as sub-accounts, associated with their primary Verizon Online Email account. Sub-accounts can be deleted and new sub-accounts created, up to a lifetime maximum of 25 sub-accounts per primary Verizon Online Email address.